|he unique, in Greece, underground Museum of Wine, 8 meters below the ground and 300 meters long, has a labyrinthine shape and demonstrates the history of wine as well as the life of the viticulturists in Santorini from 1660 to 1970.
Through the representations of movable and immovable effigies, the automatic, personal, e-tour in 9 languages, the visitor can get to know the history of wine. The museum was created out of our artistry and love for the tradition and the wine that is being produced by Koutsogiannopoulos family up to nowadays.
It took 21 years of hard work in combination with patience and insistence for the creation of the Museum of Wine. It was exclusively financed by Koutsogiannopoulos family. All the tools, the utensils and machinery are original and rare and had been used by the previous generations, leaving their “soul” in the museum.
All subjects are presented in the museum, in an order:
- The stages of the production of wine as well as the machinery are presented in a chronological order.
- Pruning- ploughing- harvesting- treading and weighing of grapes.
- The rare exhibits, machinery as well as wine-making tools, will make the visitor feel as if he were in a different era.
- In the end, he will complete his tour in the office of the founder of the wine factory, Grigoris Koutsogiannopoulos, with all of his personal objects and stationary that date back to the year 1870.
- Finally, the visitor has the chance to taste three of the best wines that are nowadays produced by the wine factory, in the specially arranged room for the purpose of wine tasting.
Telephone number: +30 22860 31322